Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Practical use for yoga"

Here's something that HUGELY cheered me up just now!

I just clicked over to the website for Diane's studio a minute ago (because this is one of the things I do when I'm a little bit bored/homesick - look at the webpages of my old yoga studios - it's a little weird but go with it.) She's got a new testimonial listed from one of her students, entitled Practical Use for Yoga, that I just have to pass along!
I just had to share this with you all. I got locked out of my house so I had to use a 30-foot ladder up to my bedroom window. I climbed up, used a screwdriver to cut the screen, pushed up the window and climbed in. All this without a problem thanks to the flexibility from yoga. Not bad for a senior citizen. The 30-foot ladder was no problem either. --Ann P., 70+
Yeah!! A++ for Ann P and Bikram yoga! This put such a huge smile on my face. THAT'S what it's all about. That's what your investment is for... so that when you are 70+, you will still be bouncing around like a teenage, scaling 30-foot ladders and climbing through windows. Love it.

In a similar vein, I also want to recommend this awesome article to everyone. I've made SO many of my friends read it. I think I sent it to my dad two or three times. (Oops.) It's an older article (2003) about all the male firemen, cops, and construction workers from south Boston who started practicing yoga at Diane's studio. The writing is clear and funny, the testimonials are convincing, and it is all just soooo Boston. "Now when I'm driving and somebody cuts me off, rather than try to sideswipe 'em, I blow it off." Ha! Yoga!! Always makes me happy.

1 comment:

EllenMo said...

GREAT article - thanks for sharing!