Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On Patience

I love Bikram (the person) and I love his books. He makes me happy. So here is a comment from one of his books that made me laugh out loud the other day. (Emphasis is mine.)

"Suppose you have developed faith, self-control, determination, and concentration, but you still don't have the metal peace you seek. Why? You are lacking the fifth quality of mind. Your journey to Self-Realization will be a long one; it's not an overnight thing, like they FedEx it to you or something. This is a lifelong process you've just started; you are going to need patience."

This is so relevant to me, AND it is funny as hell. I can only imagine the headaches that Bikram's editor must have had when he was publishing this book... the man writes the same way he talks... I love it...

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm thrilled - Will follow you!!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog :O)
Your friend,
Sara