Thursday, April 16, 2009

Karma Yoga - Susan Boyle

"I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive."

"Karma yoga" isn't just about the popular idea of "what goes around comes around." Bikram says it is your work or your duty; every person is put on this earth for a specific reason and must work to fulfill their destiny. Now, I don't necessarily agree with this idea, but I DO really like it, and sometimes I have to believe in it.

This video - yes, it's a 7 minute YouTube video - had me beaming from ear to ear tonight, first when my roommate showed it to me, and again 15 minutes later when I re-watched it. I have no doubt that this woman has just come into her Karma Yoga, and good for her. I love her. It is a stunning thing to see.

Check her out: Susan Boyle

2 comments:

Duffy Pratt said...

Thanks for posting this. The way it's spreading, I would likely have heard about it soon anyway.

Have you checked out any of the other videos from that show: like Paul Potts? Amazing stuff, and the people are so genuine. It's wonderful to see.

By the way, there a youtube track of Susan Boyle singing Cry Me a River (not Justin Timberlake, but the old blues song) about 10 years ago. And its amazing too.

thedancingj said...

Glad I could share it with you!! Most of the people I've tried to show it to have already seen it... but I try to spread the love anyway.

And yeah, I remember Paul Potts! He was good, but I like Susan even better. Just something about her. :) That look on her face right before she opens her mouth to sing - can't get it out of my head!