Friday, November 20, 2009

The road to training - Picture preview!

I'm kind of addicted to pictures from the teacher training sessions right now.  Just the image of all those people in the room together... ooooh... it's so cool.  Bennie Shapiro, a current trainee in Vegas, has been taking and posting some really stunning photographs.  Clearly a multi-talented individual!  (Aren't we all?) Here are just a few for your viewing pleasure, copied with his permission.

(For the first three, you have to click the image to see the full picture.  If anyone has any better tips or tricks for posting full size images to blogger, let me know...)


Crazy wavy effect with the mirrors in the back!



Possibly my favorite picture ever of Bikram teaching.



Yeah, Coca-Cola really should sponsor him.  "The world is yours..."



Final savasana (TT staff Christina Mead)



U.S. champion Joseph Encinia in scorpion handstand

Love these.  Thanks for sharing, Bennie!  And now I'd better get to sleep, as I am getting up early in the morning to drive down to L.A. for Bikram's class.  Hope he doesn't kill me TOO bad...!  More later.

13 comments:

Cristina said...

Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Awesome pics! I love the full locust one, too. Joseph's photo at the end is also amazing - the lighting is very cool.

bikramyogachick said...

Oh J, I swear my heart started to beat a little faster looking at these. It gets me all fired up. These pics are just breathtaking. Look at all those 747's taking off! I want to go to tt soooo bad! Eventually, or in the future. ;) I know Bennie, he is amazing. I'm excited to take his class (and all other vegas and malaysian trainees) in just a few weeks! Let us know how your L.A Bikram class goes you litle rockstar!!

tracik said...

Wow. Crazy, amazing pics. Get's me energized for class this afternoon. Have a great Saturday!

Meg VR said...

Looooved practicing there!!!! Loooved not being able to see myself in the mirrors. And watching all of those elbows bend below the calves in SHTK. Pretty once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. Though I'm aiming for nine weeks in a row :-)

thedancingj said...

I also LOVE the lighting in that picture. Killer pose + skilled photography = my jaw on the floor.

Meg, once in a lifetime? Hardly! You are gonna have that experience at least 99 more times, and you'll probably be sick of it by the end. But it'll be SO great. :D

Anonymous said...

what his blog? would love to follow the TT!

shan

Lindy B said...

These are a total inspiration!

cirita said...

Wow, these are some of the best pics of TT I've ever seen". Funny you mentioned Bennie Shapiro. I was wondering who is this guy that keeps sending me Facebook requests. Maybe I shouldn't have clicked ignored after all.

Joseph Encinia is coming to my studio on 12/12. Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julianna:

Christina is NOT a visiting teacher. She is on staff. The staff is great! Just got back from 3 weeks. Looking sooooooooo forward to Spring 2010.

Love,

Diane

thedancingj said...

Diane!!! :) Correction is duly noted. Can't wait to see you next month, and REALLY can't wait for April!!!

shan, he's not keeping a blog, but he's posted a few things to his facebook account.

cirita, that is too funny. Yes! Accept! You will have a great time with Joseph. Besides having gorgeous postures, he is a totally sweet and lovely human being.

Mei said...

Haha, can you see me in one of the pictures? :P [hint : coca cola piccie]

thedancingj said...

Pink top in the front, right? I THOUGHT that was you! :)