Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's all true!!

More fun reading material!

I had a great "HOLY CRAP" moment just now when reading today's New York Times online. There is an article titled "Does Exercise Reduce Your Cancer Risk?" The result from the medical studies is that, even when you control for other factors such as weight, the answer is YES. This is great, but not TOO shocking. Here's the line that really got me:

"What these recent studies, including the one from Finland, share is the suggestion that, in order to use exercise to reduce the risk of cancer, you must make yourself sweat."

Can you believe it?! Everyone laughs at Bikram when he claims that he can prevent cancer, and he's been right this whole time! Hooray for us. It's all true. Do Bikram yoga, wear sunscreen, and live longer.

5 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

I'm pretty convinced yoga fixes and prevents most anything.
Although it's hard to prove this theory based on the fact I won't have a "list" of what would have happened to me had I not been doing this yoga all of the time. **scratching head**

thedancingj said...

Haha... I know, we always end up kinda stumping ourselves when we set out to "prove" how good yoga is, because we don't exactly have a "control" for our experiments, and everything is so thoroughly woven together.

But it's nice that, while I haven't seen anything CONCLUSIVE, I'm always seeing exercise science and health studies that certainly SUPPORT the idea that hot yoga is likely to be incredibly good for your health. Gives us something to point at and go "See!! See!!" when we're trying to convince others of the benefits. :)

Danielle said...

Hey darlin'! I'm realizing that you love reading people's thoughts and viewpoints jsut as much as I do. Well, my brother just started his own blog. He's absolutely brilliant and wants to share his knowledge with the world. Thought you might enjoy it:

http://mikebelangerjr.blogspot.com/

thedancingj said...

Thanks Danielle, I like it! He is smart! Is he single?? ;-)

Danielle said...

Oh yes... indeed he is! hee hee!