Saturday, March 12, 2011

Read This! ("Mirror")

This may be old news for some of you (it's been posted and reposted by 28 of my Facebook friends today, and counting) but I just want to draw your attention to an article that appeared in the New York Times yesterday.

Bikram Yoga gets a lot of weird press - "bad boy of yoga," "teacher training sex cult," "Bikram vs. Charlie Sheen," etc etc.  Some of it is entertaining, some of it is offensive, and some is just plain silly.  It is rare to come across an article in the mainstream media that says something poignant and true about our yoga.  Paige Williams' story in Oprah magazine last year was one exception.

Here is another one:  Mirror

This article makes me want to punch the air and shout, Yes!  This is what we do.

All my fellow teachers and yogis would agree with me, except that I think they're all too busy looking for the Kleenex box.  Just a moment, I think I have something in my eye....

The video is worth watching, too....

No comments: